Sunday, August 14, 2011

Going for a Record

OK, it's not technically the same day, but I'm still within 24 hours.

I've been thinking today about how, when you tell Christians that there's no historical evidence for Jesus, they say things like "well how do we know" x person/place/thing from history is real? My favorite one was when someone asked how we know the Mayflower was a real boat. LOL. You're asking a girl from Massachusetts, honey.

The Mayflower is still a real boat. It's still anchored in Plymouth, and I've been aboard it. That's how I know. Also, my father is a direct descendant of Gov. William Bradford. I'm pretty sure my father is real, and he bears an unmistakable family resemblance to some of the pictures in histories of the Bradford family.

So yeah. Some things you can actually prove with evidence and stuff. Imagine that!

No comments:

Post a Comment