Saturday, October 9, 2010

It's been a long time

Happy 70th Birthday, John Lennon! Wish you were here.

I wasn't born yet when the Kennedys and Dr. King were assassinated. For me it was John Lennon. I was eleven 30 years ago today, when he was having his 40th birthday. Two months later he was gone. I have a lot of memories of that day. But right now what I think about with his death is, how do murder victims' families forgive? I still haven't forgiven the guy who shot Lennon (will not write his name today), and I didn't even know the guy. I was born at the end of the Beatles, and John and I were only alive on this planet together for 11 years. If he had been family...

Anyway, since it's John birthday, and he's not here, we'll have to celebrate for him. Happy Birthday, John. If there actually is an afterlife, I'll see you when I get there. Meanwhile, have a beer with George and tell the scientists to make sure the a/c is working. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment